Sunday, April 13, 2014

Lobster place

The Lobster Place presented by sweetpollyfood.blogspot.com

www.lobsterhaven.com review

....I had already set my heart on the Signature Lobster Roll and was not deterred.  Served on a toasted New England hot dog bun with mayo and lettuce, I had a choice to make.  $14.99 for previously frozen maine lobster, or $21.99 for fresh lobster.  I don't have the opportunity to enjoy fresh lobster that often, so for a $7.00 difference it was no-brainer.  Simple yet sumptuous, the only ingredients were a slathering of mayo, a lettuce leaf and what must've been half a pound of lobster chunks.  I was seriously looking for a way to unhinge my jaw because there was no way to nibble on this monster.  Of course, Underdog was quick with an off-color comment when I actually verbalized this (my eyes may now be permanently stuck in the rolled position for all eternity). Oh...and as for sandwich sides, there are only two (cole slaw or potato salad).  I told our server that I preferred crunchy, lightly dressed slaws so she thoughtfully suggested that I should probably order the potato salad. As it turned out, the cole slaw was indeed heavier and wetter than my style.  The mustard-based potato salad was cold and good, albeit nothing memorable.

















Since I was buying, UD went top-of-the-line and ordered the 1.5 lb. lobster dinner...leaving him officially obligated to "put out", if I haven't forgotten the "rules").  This scarlet beauty came with the two standard sides along with melted butter for dipping.
















Bottom line:  Lobster Haven is a great spot for casual seafood dining.  Lobster Price is quite reasonable, all things considered...Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment