Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Lobster Tails Recipe

Butter-poached Lobster Tails Recipe

by Mandy and  www.sogoodblog.com/


BP Lobster 1
 I have always loved fresh maine lobster but rarely make it because I get the creeps by sticking a live lobster into a pot of boiling water. It feels wrong and you really only end up eating the tail and claws (I know, I know you can eat some other parts, too, but I’ll pass on those). When I saw a deal on uncooked lobster tails though, I thought that was more up my alley and why not treat myself once in a while.
 I’ve had butter-poached maine lobster at restaurants before, and loved it, yet have never made it myself. I took the opportunity to grab the deal on uncooked lobster tails and try a new recipe all in one. You can also add a side of cauliflower mashed potatoes to this dish for an excellent pairing. If you’re a lobster lover, this is an easy way to cook lobster and it’s hard to overcook the meat. Oh yeah, and it’s supremely deliciously buttery and tender and you’ll hear little angels singing in your ears.

Total Time: 30 minutes
Number of Lobster Tails: 2, or however many you would like to cook, but this recipe is for 2
Ingredients:

  • 2 uncooked lobster tails
  • 1 TB (Tablespoon) water
  • ½ cup (1 stick) butter cut into 1 TB pieces
Cook it:
  • Take kitchen scissors and cut the shell of the lobster from the top of the back to the start of the tail then flip it over and do the same thing on the other side
BP Lobster 3
  • Remove the meat from the shell
  • In a medium saucepan, bring the water to a simmer over medium-low heat
  • Whisk in 1 piece (or 1 TB) butter
  • When that piece has melted, add another piece. Continue adding pieces of butter and whisking in this same manner until you have added all the butter (do NOT let the butter come to a boil or it will separate and you won’t have butter poached fresh lobster tails)
    Continue reading


No comments:

Post a Comment